Stone floor. On the right of the entrance a door leads to a cellar carved below the edifice. At each corner of the large room doors lead to cubbyholes which served as bedrooms for the keepers until 1790. On either side of the room fountains, surmounted by copper lions’ heads, channel the water which streams over the lighthouse in order to filter it before sending it into the settling tank situated below ground. After settlement the water is sent into 10 m³ cisterns beneath the courtyard in the outer tower. There are more than 20 m³ of drinking water stored in the lighthouse for the keepers. Opposite is the door leading to the staircase of the tower, surmounted by a plaque recalling the restoration of the llighthouse under Napoleon III.